Problem with new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang2009

Baseband Member
I'm having a little trouble with my new build, I just installed a new motherboard and cpu. The motherboard is a Biostar TForce 9600-939 and I have a 3800. I have the computer up and running and I tried installing the os on a new hard drive but it didn't work. I forgot to have the hard drive as a master so I switched that and now when it boots it say operating system not loaded and I'm stuck on what to do. It wont let me select anything, and I can't find where you set it to boot from cd in the bios.

Thanks sorry for the long post.

Would it be under cmos? The first time I turned it on it only booted from cd, then I tried loading windows and it failed because I think I didnt have the hard drive setup as master. Now it wont let me run windows. It just says error loading operating system.

Alright I figured out my problem and now I am able to run windows setup, but after formating my hard drive through windows it says it cannot format. Is there anything I should check? My hard drive is set to master.

i think the hard disk if faulty, u mey need to send ur computer bk and get an exchange

I built the computer and it is a brand new hard drive. Do you think that is the problem, or do I need to format it somehow before installing windows?

stang2009 said:
Alright I figured out my problem and now I am able to run windows setup, but after formating my hard drive through windows it says it cannot format. Is there anything I should check? My hard drive is set to master.
so you can now get into windows, how did you format your drive (windows boot drive?) through windows, it should not let you do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom