Problem with new build - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problem with new build

I posted recently that i wanted to put together a cheap computer for my dad. had only one reply. I will skip some of the stuff i put in it but basicly i used a asus
M3A78-EMH HDMI motherboard
Amd athlon 64LE Orleans 45 watt single core processor
2 GB Patriot Extreme performance DDR2 pc 6400 ram
thermalake TR2 430 watt power supply
seagate barrcuda sata 250gb hd
lite-on 20x sata dvd burner

After assembling the parts, there is no video signal. it says check cable or pc on the monitor. i removed everything except the ram and double checked my connections, also removed the processor and reseated it.
i had and old nvidia 8600gt and tried plugging that into the pci express slot and this did nothing. the fans all run there is a green light on the motherboard the harddrive is spinning the dvd drive opens and closes. there was a case speaker came with the rosewill case and there are no beeps coming from it. i'm thinking it might be a bad motherboard. Is there anything else i can check before i rma it back to newegg?

Old 05-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Problem with new build

Well just checked the only thing i did not. the ram there was a bad stick boots up ok i'll rma it back to newegg the built in graphics card shares memory so i guess this is why there was no video
Closed Thread