Problem with mouse not working on new work computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbhover

Solid State Member
Good Morning everyone, hopefully there is a pretty simple answer to my problem???

I needed a computer at work because I'm the webmaster of their website and a sister company, and I don't always have time to do the work at home.

So our supposed "tech" person was told to build me a computer. I told them what I needed but this person didn't feel comfortable building a computer (good tech person huh) so they found a pre assembled bare bones kit. This was mid dec. and this person had simple problems left and right but couldn't figure it out for ever. So eventually they got the computer done, they used a KVM switch so they could do it from their work station using their monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. So I hooked the compture up to my monitor, mouse, and keyboard and the mouse will not work. I think the keyboard works because I can get into the bios with the keyboard.

The optical mouse will light up but the cursor will not move so I can't log on the computer and use it. I know the mouse works I tried it on other computers, I've tried usb and ps2 mice with no luck. The only way it will work is if I plug the KVM switch into the exact usb port that this person used to install everything. If I plug it into a different port it won't work, and even if I plug their mouse into that port it won't work without the kvm??????

Anybody have any ideas, at the rate this person works I probably won't have a computer to use for another month or two, so I'd like to take care of it if I could......... LOL

I don't know much of what is in the computer, besides it has some MSI mobo and an athlon quad core 3ghz.

Tanks for the help!!!

ps/2 kvm's act funny when converted to usb. Why not just leave it in the port that it was installed on if it works there?

ps/2 kvm's act funny when converted to usb. Why not just leave it in the port that it was installed on if it works there?

The original installation setup he had was through his friends KVM switch. So the switch for one isn't his and for 2 should not be necessary to work.

OP,
Try resetting your bios, that should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom