Problem with Dell Inspiron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma23

Beta member
My core temp is starting to get into the high 50's and occasionally 60's when Im just surfing the net. I originally bought this Dell computer for gaming but it is starting to struggle. The fan is noisy enough and can drown out the sound a bit.

My Specs:
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHZ
RAM: 2 GB
32 bit operating system
Windows Vista
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro :256 MB

The casing looks exactly like this: Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop Computer (Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200, 500GB HDD, 3GB) - Desktops - CNET Archive

Is there anything I need to do to change it? A new cooling system? Graphic's card? A lot of the research seems to be that Dell are very hard to customize so should I just bare with it? Thanks guys.

Have you tried opening it up and blowing out the fan, heatsink, and shroud? That would probably make a world of difference right there. It wouldn't hurt to pull the graphics card and blow it out, too.

I wouldn't worry about a new cooling system as that case wouldn't hold anything big, plus it can't be overclocked so what you see is what you get.

A new/better card would help you in gaming, but your power supply may be your main limitation. I can't find any specs on what you have for a PSU, so you will have to open up the case and let us know. Odds are you would have to replace the PSU in order to power a better card (which would have to be low profile or at least low profile ready).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom