This is a pretty solid card?

Well yeah that is true, but I would imagine that the next gen cards are going to be well over 200 dollars, I may not be correct but that's what I think.

True, but there is a chance (or maybe it is a definite yes?) that it would cause older cards price point to drop. Think that is what PP is trying to get at.

Edit: Further adding -
If they do drop, you may be able to get an even better card for your money and so on so forth.

Unfortunately, a "newer, better" gpu is always going to be "just around the corner" which makes it really difficult to know exactly when is the time to bite the bullet and buy something. It's pretty much like that with all computer related purchases. No matter what you buy and when you buy it, within a short time there will be something better.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Well yeah that is true, but I would imagine that the next gen cards are going to be well over 200 dollars, I may not be correct but that's what I think.
See below.

Unfortunately, a "newer, better" gpu is always going to be "just around the corner" which makes it really difficult to know exactly when is the time to bite the bullet and buy something. It's pretty much like that with all computer related purchases. No matter what you buy and when you buy it, within a short time there will be something better.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Not in this case. The new cards are literally being lifted on the 15th which is just a couple weeks. Every GPU besides the R9 290x is a rebrand, with the R9 280x being the 7970 GHz that is supposed to drop in at 250 bucks. With that being said, the current cheapest 7970 GHz is a tad over 300. It's wise to wait, because that means the 270x (7950 rebrand) is already confirmed for a 200 dollar release which will drop the current prices down or the newer chips will be slightly undercut due to stock and demand. (People always go for the newer card, consumer *****s).

I'm using the 770 as a perfect example here because it's a 680 that was released at 670 prices. That shaved over 100 bucks off a 500 dollar card. If it doesn't happen, no harm done because BF4 doesn't drop until the 29th anyways. He can get a good deal on either card.

See below.

Not in this case. The new cards are literally being lifted on the 15th which is just a couple weeks. Every GPU besides the R9 290x is a rebrand, with the R9 280x being the 7970 GHz that is supposed to drop in at 250 bucks. With that being said, the current cheapest 7970 GHz is a tad over 300. It's wise to wait, because that means the 270x (7950 rebrand) is already confirmed for a 200 dollar release which will drop the current prices down or the newer chips will be slightly undercut due to stock and demand. (People always go for the newer card, consumer *****s).

I'm using the 770 as a perfect example here because it's a 680 that was released at 670 prices. That shaved over 100 bucks off a 500 dollar card. If it doesn't happen, no harm done because BF4 doesn't drop until the 29th anyways. He can get a good deal on either card.
What would you guys recommend for me to get for bf4? What GPU? Again my budget is 200 dollars, should I get one now? Or wait and get the one you guys reccomend me. Thanks.

Also, my current card is a GTX 650ti 1GB, should I keep it for a little while then upgrade? Or should I not worry about upgrading right now?

What would you guys recommend for me to get for bf4? What GPU? Again my budget is 200 dollars, should I get one now? Or wait and get the one you guys reccomend me. Thanks.
The 7950/270x is going to be the best bang for your buck at 200 dollars. If you had 250 I would say go for the GTX 760 hands down.
That depends on how impatient you are. By the time you get the card if you ordered now the beta will probably be done and you'll have to wait till the 29th anyways. So you can wait, or purchase now. That's totally up to you.

Also, my current card is a GTX 650ti 1GB, should I keep it for a little while then upgrade? Or should I not worry about upgrading right now?
Depends on what CPU you have. I have a friend with an FX4100 and 650 and the game is unplayable on low to him in beta stage. The 650ti should handle the final version but FPS dips might make the game crawl in beta.

The 7950/270x is going to be the best bang for your buck at 200 dollars. If you had 250 I would say go for the GTX 760 hands down.
That depends on how impatient you are. By the time you get the card if you ordered now the beta will probably be done and you'll have to wait till the 29th anyways. So you can wait, or purchase now. That's totally up to you.

Depends on what CPU you have. I have a friend with an FX4100 and 650 and the game is unplayable on low to him in beta stage. The 650ti should handle the final version but FPS dips might make the game crawl in beta.
I have the AMD FX 8350 8 core CPU and about the GPU thing, does this sound good? I wait till the holidays and get the 50 bucks, and then the 760? Does that sound good? Or should I buy something now? ALSO, the 760's price MIGHT be lowered by the holidays because of all of the new cards that will be coming out soon. So should I wait and get the 760? Or get the 7950 now? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom