Preparing for summer - Vengeance C70

bevolasko

Baseband Member
As we all know, summer is approaching for the most of us. Heat will become a great problem during this season as some of us will be on holidays spending more time for serious gaming.

Unfortunately my system, at it's current state, will most likely choke or incinerate during the blistering hot season. As you can see in the image below, it's a Cooler Master Centurion. I don't believe that it's such a good case for cooling and it doesn't look great either.

SzraBOb.jpg

I was thinking of replacing it with a Corsair Vengeance C70. Why? Because it looks friggen awesome for its simplicity and low price. It has better cable management and I just love that green militarized case. It also comes with 3 included fans and I was thinking of adding an extra two fans at the front.

c70_g_handlesdown.png

Now for the experts. Does my current system fit into this case? Also, if I would have to overclock my CPU, should I replace the stock cooler with a larger one or should I just use liquid cooling?

Last edited:
Yes, your current system will fit in that case. I have personal experience with that case and it is solid. Although all of the Corsair Carbide cases I have used have been. Which range from the 200r to the 500r. You could save some money and get a 200r or 300r and save the extra money to upgrade your parts in the future. I do understand that you like the look of this case that is why one of my friends bought it so I could build his PC in it. But the other cases are just as good.

You will get much better air flow out of any of the Corsairs than your current setup. I believe the C70 has to intake fans in the front and and out at the top back. You could easily add a couple of extra fans if you choose to on the top or sides to exhaust air or blow directly on the parts if you put it on the side.

Last edited:
Yes, your current system will fit in that case. I have personal experience with that case and it is solid. Although all of the Corsair Carbide cases I have used have been. Which range from the 200r to the 500r. You could save some money and get a 200r or 300r and save the extra money to upgrade your parts in the future. I do understand that you like the look of this case that is why one of my friends bought it so I could build his PC in it. But the other cases are just as good.

You will get much better air flow out of any of the Corsairs than your current setup. I believe the C70 has to intake fans in the front and and out at the top back. You could easily add a couple of extra fans if you choose to on the top or sides to exhaust air or blow directly on the parts if you put it on the side.

Excellent! I won't consider any other cases. This one looks perfect for my tastes. In my country prices range around €100 which is quite a typical price range but I'll see if it's worth importing it at a lower cost from a different place.

In case you didn't notice the case has TWO intake fans at the front. So you won't need to buy any for the front.

In case you didn't notice the case has TWO intake fans at the front. So you won't need to buy any for the front.

I was gonna replace the front ones with new illuminated ones and put the old ones at the bottom of the case where they will intake the cooler air. The right configuration may be important when I'll be overclocking the CPU which also makes me think whether I should get a larger heatsink or a radiator.

Bottom? Do you have a hard floor surface? I would put them on the side or top. You could do a push/pull one intake and one out to circulate. Or since the you will have two intake in the front you could put the others as out so you are pumping more heat out.

Bottom? Do you have a hard floor surface? I would put them on the side or top. You could do a push/pull one intake and one out to circulate. Or since the you will have two intake in the front you could put the others as out so you are pumping more heat out.

Wooden floor. I may probably relocate it on my desk so the fan positions won't really matter.

The good thing about putting them on the bottom is the removable dust screen. But you will probably get easier air flow from the top or side depending on how you position the case.

Scratch the crap LED fans and stick to good fans and go LED light bar instead. Don't sacrifice performance for bling, ever.

As to your cooler, don't ever overclocking that CPU on that cooler unless you want to start a BSOD nightmare. The minimum I would use to get a decent clock is an H60 in a push pull configuration.

Scratch the crap LED fans and stick to good fans and go LED light bar instead. Don't sacrifice performance for bling, ever.

As to your cooler, don't ever overclocking that CPU on that cooler unless you want to start a BSOD nightmare. The minimum I would use to get a decent clock is an H60 in a push pull configuration.

I was gonna say that. The CPU still has the stock fan /facepalm. Get yourself a better cooler that might help with some heat issues. Your current case is a nightmare though. Practically no air flow.

Back
Top Bottom