Power supply / Vidcard compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinylwolf

Beta member
I am personally unsure of the compatibility of a power supply and a video card I have recently ordered, I have yet to receive the items, but am a bit worried about the power compatibility.

Videocard::
EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support 01G-P3-N959-TR at TigerDirect.com

Powersupply::
DiabloTek 400-Watt ATX Dual 80mm Fan 24-Pin SATA Ready Power Supply PSDA400 at TigerDirect.com

I understand that the card requires 350w minimum, but it requires +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amp Amps. The supply I ordered has a +12 Volt current rating of 12ampers.

Will this be a major problem? Will I still be able to use the card and supply in conjunction with each other or should I get ready to send the supply for another one?

thanks for all your help

if you can just go ahead and cancel the order, because that stuff is absolutely junk.

go with a little more with this PSU that wont fry your mobo and stuff when it fails,

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3 500W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Power Supplies

and this video card is cheaper and will wipe the floor with that 9500GT,

Newegg.com - ASUS EN9600GSO/HTDP/384M GeForce 9600 GSO 384MB 192-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

with that you are good to go.

but that psu would most likely power a 9500GT OK i strongly recommend against it.

Philbar is exactly right. the 9600GSO will whoop the 9500. Also, the powersupply is one of the most important things in a PC and if a cheap one is bought (like the one you have listed) when it dies (which it will) it has a high likelihood of taking your other components with it. Go with what he listed up there and do yourself a huge favor ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom