Power Supply Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
I'm building a mid-range system and was going to purchase this PSU.
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN ATX12V 400W Power Supply 120/220 - 240v NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail

However, I will be using probably 2 SATA Hard Disks and 1 SATA DVD drive, and this PSU only has 2 SATA connections. I know I could use one of those little splitters, but before I order the PSU are there any other ones around this price range that would be of the same quality and have 3 Sata plugs?

I try to keep my purchases through NewEgg so if you have any Egg links please post.

Thermaltake's power supplies are alright. But I think FSPs are more trusted. What about the Rosewill, I suggested? The RP550 Rosewill models, are very good for the money.

Also, the FSP is more powerful than that Thermaltake, as it has more amps on it's +12v rails.

Actually, all I have used were Rosewill PSU's in my previous builds and on another board I was ripped apart for using them. They worked well and I had no problems but people acted like they were terrible. I'm all for Rosewill, I was just strongly encouraged not to use them.

At this point, I just want to make a good decesion, because I'll be using this PC casually for probably at least 2 years, it will not be run 24/7, but still will be left on much of the time. (and do lots of encoding) Honestly I never thought much about power supplies but reading on this board and others people really emphasize how important they are and getting something cheap could cost you money by frying components if it blew. That was the only reason I listed the Thermaltake.

im not sure where i read this but it mentioned that the FSP PSU has the lowest percentage of psu failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom