Power Supply/Graphics Card Upgrade

dylanmoody

Beta member
Hello, everyone.

I am considering upgrading the power supply in my stock computer (HP Pavilion P7-1226s) so that I can later upgrade to a better graphics card (EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Superclocked). I have just about decided on this Cougar 760W power supply. My questions are, will I have any problems in upgrading to this power supply and graphics card in this computer? Will I have heating issues, processor issues, or anything else? I just want to make sure that I will not need anything else before I spend $200 on these items and then have problems somewhere down the road.

Thank you.

I'm Not familiar with that brand power supply but your better off getting a good brand and you won't need that much power either, The big worry would be wull the GTX750 fit? You might want to open the case and measure how much space you have for the video card, HP has had a tendency to put all kinds of plastic mounting stuff in there cases and makes it tough to fit a good sized video card in there, Can't really tell but it looks like a mid tower they used so there is a chance and the 750 isn't as long as some of the other cards out there and it looks like it should fit but you should check before you order to be safe.

Dauntae

Thank you for your reply.

I am not too familiar with what power supply brands are good and I don't know how much power I really need. Do you have any suggestions on brands and power that would be suitable for my system?

Also, yes, the graphics card will fit. I opened my case yesterday just to make sure and it should fit perfectly.

The 750 is meant to be an easy and cheaper upgrade for you computer because the card uses so little power, you probably wont need a new PSU. You should buy the 750 and try it out, if your computer freezes or screws up then buy a new power supply.

EVGA 750 Ti $20 more if your interested

He could also use a Corsair CX430, its a good brand and waaay better than that 300w one his comp has. $39

$150 if you get the 750ti, and $40 for the PSU if you need it = $190

Thank you for all of the suggestions and advice, everyone. I went with the power supply that I had originally linked here. It had good reviews and $65 for 760w, I couldn't really pass it up. If it ends up failing anytime soon, I will take the SeaSonic brand into consideration. I also went with the graphics card that I had originally linked too. Wish me luck with the upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom