Power supply... good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

180Mhz

In Runtime
Well as you may have read in my previous topic, my Mobo died so im planning to get a new one. What "used" to be my computer is listed in my sig. Im just wondering however, will my Aroura 350Watt PSU be able to power the following.

MSI NEO2-F Mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Maxtor 120 GB HDD
Western digital 20GB HDD
G-force Nvidia 5200
DVD +/- rw drive.
CD rw drive
A small LCD for heads up system performance.
and numerous fans,.. four or five.

The reason I am asking is my previous setup was a sempron that
discipated 67 watts max. The athlon 64 3000+ however discipates 67-85 watts max, depending on the model. I havent found out my exact model yet.

I dont realy want to have to buy a new PSU because the Mobo and CPU are already running me quite a bit.

By the way the reason My old mobo died is because durring a bios upgrade the bios for version 1 and 2 of the mobo got mixed up and the wrong version was installed (version 1 on a version 2 mobo). wow I feel like such an idiot messing up on such a simple task. I still plan to get a new mobo, the reason I ask is my mothers computer is quite slow, but she doesnt want to spring for the money for a new mobo and cpu. I was thinking of putting my old one in there. Anyway is it possable to fix this? The only way I imagine is to remove the flash memory holding the bios and either replace it or externaly program it.

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom