Power Supply fail. New attempt.

Test 8 on the CPU test? Then there is your problem. Your processor is getting too hot or is unstable (probably both if stock) and that is shutting you down.

The reason I doubted the PSU being bad is because I recommend the Corsair TX/HX/AX units because they have a very solid and reputable OEM that make some of the best PSUs money can buy. I figured if I made you run a plethora of tests then we will find the real culprit so you don't wind up wasting money.

So I dug out my processor, cleaned it of all cracked and crumbled Thermalpaste, applied a new layer, attached the Cpu fan, turned everything back on. Moments later, same thing, Computer shuts off while 5 mins in being in windows.

I'm not sure what the problems is, but I've been even trying to turn the fan up at a higher speed.

Maybe my motherboard is having issues>? I can't be sure.

Any other idea's?

Last edited:
Check the temps in the bios. By layer, I hope you don't mean literally. The amount of thermal paste you need to apply is that of the size of a grain of rice.

Check the temps in the bios. By layer, I hope you don't mean literally. The amount of thermal paste you need to apply is that of the size of a grain of rice.

Yea, I only meant it was applied. I guess back to bios, which I'm s bit rusty on, so it'll be a refresher course.

Real quick, how do I prompt bios during startup again? Safe mode?

You get into the bios during post, before Windows loads. Every motherboard is different. The key will be F2, F10, delete, or something like that. It should say it during post.

Alright, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I got work starting at 5am, so I should retire even though this will bug me until I get home. I.need resolve.
Night guys

Running memtest86 now, and what am I looking for while its running? 6 mind into it and no errors yet.

Back
Top Bottom