Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
I went to a PC swap market, and was talking to thsi chinese guy who couldnt speak english to well, I was talking to him about PSUs, and he was oging on aobut some PSUs having this thing called "true" power and some not,

Can someone plzx tell me what "true" power is

----

Oh and so i dont have to post twice ill add another question,

My PSU says "UPTO" 480watts.
when people say how much power their cpu can provide doe sthis mean upto the amount of whats or what it averages or something?

Im confused :S lol. thx

True Power may be refering to the Antec True Power. A power supply brand (Antec) and the Model (True Power)

Your power supply is probably stating the peak wattage output. Most Cheap/generic Power supplies have this to make them appear better then they really are.

And to the third question, I have no idea what your asking..

mmm..ok thats explained pretty well, so could that mean that a 350 watt good quality PSu could be better than my cheap 480 watt one?

Static_11 said:
and less chance of frying other parts...

oh ****....is it worth buying another one then, cause this new PC has a **** PSU which came with case? is it worth buying another then!? for safty?

I recommend thermaltake or coolmaster. u can buy from MSY quite cheap, 60-95 dollars for 430 watt - 450 watt PSU's, a good deal...

I'm getting the following on tuesday
Thermaltake Mambo Tower Case with Silent 430Watt Thermaltake Power Supply $95 “HOT” “In Stock”

Pretty good deal for the good case and PSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom