Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Most "amps" On the 12 V rail?

Amps aren't everything. There also quality of components that determines alot also.

In general if you stick to these brands your in the clear
PC Power and Cooling
Mushkin
Corsair
Etasis
Zippy
Enermax
Silverstone
Hiper
Seasonic
Tagan

wow this has changed my mind about throwing away my water cooling

i took it out after my cathodes blew up, they smoked up the whole case after i attempted to add a friends hdd to test if it still spun,
i just took this as my psu not having enough volts, which took me a while to swallow cause its a huge psu

i have a hiper which i am about to RMA because of a minor led problem which hiper says might be a bigger issue

sorry to hijack this thread but i would love some encouragement to reuse my water setup

i have four 120mm fans(two thermaltake high powered, two crappy nzxt brand)
1 80mm
1 92mm on the cpu hsf
the two fans in the psu, 80, 120
only one 7200 rpm harddrive
one stick of ram
a measly single core athlon
7900gt with no voltmods
and one wierd 4 pin molex that is required on the a8n32 sli(fried mine up because that was the 4 pin i took out to plug in a second hdd)
no more cathodes or anything else

its just wierd because the hipe only gives you about 3 different 4 pins off the psu itself and one is used for the mobo directly, one directly to the hdd, so i run SO much off of the single one left, where would i put the water pump in this situation?

should i be ok?

should of made a thread sorry guys

i brought a brand new 600w PSU for my athlon 64 system for £22 from a shop called Novatech. Its quiet and very reliable

Remember that people aren't about to pay $150/month in electric bills for their computers anytime in the next decade. The goal of hardware builders isn't just to make faster products and to not care about how much power they consume - Hardware companies also try to minimize the amount of power that they consume.

a 650w psu will not increase the price of electric bills.

for example: a system only uses 350w to operate and you put in a 650W psu. you will only be using 350w of the 650w. so... if you go out and buy a 350w psu and a 650w psu, power consumption will still be 350w no matter how high of a wattage psu you get.

a 650w psu will not increase the price of electric bills.

for example: a system only uses 350w to operate and you put in a 650W psu. you will only be using 350w of the 650w. so... if you go out and buy a 350w psu and a 650w psu, power consumption will still be 350w no matter how high of a wattage psu you get.

I know. Did you think that I could write that whole thing and think that?

My point was that power consumption of systems isn't going to increase to levels where they will be consuming $150 worth of power every month. That just isn't going to happen, and if someone put out a product like that, the people would never buy it. I'm just staying that levels of power consumption are probably going to stay like they are today, or close to now.

EDIT: ROFL, the post bumped the thread?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom