Power Connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be an improperly seated CPU?

I dont get why the PSU fans wouldnt spin... I'll check to see if the PSU is a problem using the method above and report back as soon as I can.

Can't be improperly seated, unless there was something wrong with the PSU in the first place. Only way to check to see what's wrong is to open up the PSU and see what's the problem on the inside. Maybe it could be a shortage, maybe it can be a loose 3-pin connection? Who knows until you open it up. Watch out though.

whoa...phucng....He doesn't know how to connect the front panel wires, and you're suggesting he open the PSU?...lol...

Wait so his problem is the PSU not working and he doesn't know how to connect the front panel wires? You guys guided him through the front panel wires already right? So what's the problem now? Computer can't start up? Pretty confused, fill me in! :D

The problem is that when I assembled my new mobo/cpu/ram and video card (in my old case with old psu) the build wouldnt power up. I tried taking out the ram and video card, no luck. I assembled the entire mobo out of the case on the box the mobo came in, no luck.

Maybe theres something I Dont have connected? I have CPU, CPU fan, ATX (with my 20 pin to 24 pin cable) and thats it.

Did you connect the front panel switches yet? Sometimes, you might get mixed up with the power switch and the reset switch. Happened to me, so I had to open up my manual and check everything over again. What's the model and make of your PSU?

The mobo has onboard on/off buttons so I figured front panels weren't needed to test the build.

I have a raidmax 420w atx12v model numer: ky-520atx (thats the only thing it says next to model, I've noticed theres other ky-520atx boards with some additional digits afterward)

My uncle says it could be that the fan plug for the cpu is in the wrong place?

Well, for the CPU fan, the correct spot to connect the CPU fan is the 3-pin that's the nearest to the socket. Is that a PSU that came with your case? Because PSU's that comes with the case is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom