Power Connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I plugged the power cord into where it said on the picture posted above, but then I found out about the onboard on/off switch so I figured it wasnt needed, I plugged in nothing else from the front panel.

The only things plugged in are the 24 pin (with the 20 to 24 connector), the CPU 4 pin, the CPU fan pin and thats about all (I just wanted to check if it would power on)

So you figured it wasn't needed? So it's not connected then? What onboard on/off switch?

Well the manual says theres 2 on/off buttons on the mobo, and they are... Right next to were I would plug in the on/off for the front board.

And yes I figured it wasnt needed (i'm new to building, is it stupid to think that? )

NinteenNinetySeven said:
Would a loose heatsink be relevent?

No....OK, heres what you do. Let's see if the power supply is faulty. First turn off your power supply. Then disconnect your power supply from all the components, except the case fans. Then take a paper clip, and bend it into a U shape. Then insert one end into the green pin, of the 24-pin connector. Theres only one green wire. And then insert the other end, to any black wire. This is called jumping the power supply. It's helpful for testing out components. Now turn on the power supply, and see if the fans power up and spin.

Hmm.

Could have this powerfull new cpu/video card affected the CPU? It is a 420w and I've been using it for about 2/3 years.

I'll try that as soon as I get back from eating (sounds dangerous :eek: )

Thanks so far for the help, i'd be lost without the assistance.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom