Possibly in need of new graphics card?

Scotteyy

Beta member
I recently built my own PC and started off with great specs, the only problem was halfway through my build I ran out of money and when I came to my graphics card I had to go with a cheaper option. I have now decided I want to replace it and I was wondering if you can tell me what graphics card (From Nvidia if possible) I should get. If it could be in the price range of around £200-300 that would be great.

My specs:

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

If any more specs are needed just ask.

Palit is a reputable brand from Gainward who make good cards on that side of the pond. Their Golden Sample cards when you could find them in the US used to be top notch. Sort of like DCU2 and Twin Frozr cards today.

But the only one that I found under 300 pounds was manufactured by "Palit"? Never heard of them.
They're a standard GPU seller that's been around for ages.

Edit: But apparently not in the US. Sorry!

Last edited:
Palit is a reputable brand from Gainward who make good cards on that side of the pond. Their Golden Sample cards when you could find them in the US used to be top notch. Sort of like DCU2 and Twin Frozr cards today.

They're a standard GPU seller that's been around for ages.

the_more_you_know.jpeg

Last edited:
I was also wondering what sort of games I could run with this? Could it run things like Crysis 3 and Skyrim on top settings?

I was also wondering what sort of games I could run with this? Could it run things like Crysis 3 and Skyrim on top settings?

Assuming 1080p resolution, a GTX670 will run both of those games at top or near-top settings without a hitch.

Back
Top Bottom