Possibly buying - some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long ago did you and your friend build this computer? I helped my parents years ago and thats when computers had too many problems. I built some over 1 year ago that work excellent. Just be careful with the parts and be patient. Don't be pushing to hard on the cpu or ram cause you could injure yourself or hurt the parts.

Parts are getting more reliable now and I am not having any problems like I was back when I was helping out my parents.

It's gotten a lot clearer lately so what i'm going to to is just fix my computer. i just need advice on buying a new hard drive. chances are that i'll buy it from tiger direct. i plan on getting a 500gb seagate or a western digital

help anyone?

also, should my hard drive crash again, does it help to have partitions, like is it possible to have a hard drive crash, and still save some partitions or is all gone?

I recently bought a computer and looked at Dell computers but in the end they were much more expensive than the HP computers. I customized one computer on Dell.com and one computer on HP.com with the same specs, in the end the HP was cheaper so i went with them.

I would definitely recommend buying an HP over buying a Dell but in the end it is your choice.

I want to throw my two cents into this. About 3 years ago i bought an Alienware because i thought just like you, and also because it wasn't my money to mess around with. So i wanted something safe,secure, and reliable. And i thought heck Alienware charges u a crapload for a pc I could build myself maybe they get better parts than the ones available at retailers. Boy was i wrong. Ive recently done some upgrades to try and keep it afloat. The memory was one of the first things to go, that cheap generic "Alienware" memory couldn't oc at all and timings were horrible. I'm still running of the same mobo and god boy is it bad, it does not oc at all, I mean I bought a peltier cooler to make my 4800 as fast or near Fx-62 speeds, but man was i wrong the mobo is holding me back. So what im trying to say is that i don't want you to do the same mistake I made. But in the end it comes down to your choice and what i said here should not dictate your decision but your current situation should. Gl with everything man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom