Possible Pre-built buy - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hraefn

Beta member
Thinking about going with a pre-built this time, getting old and creaky and it's a pain in the butt to screw them together anymore heh. Also, priced the stuff out from the following link and found it's actually a bit more expensive to duplicate it with my own parts, at least around Los Angeles. Y'all mind taking a look at the link and giving opinions? Trying for a mid-range gaming PC that'll have some staying power, I can't afford to upgrade them every 3 years or whatnot so... yeah. Also stuck with a unpleasantly low budget, I'm on disability. $725 is absolutely as high as I can go. Some caveats for suggestions: I'm absolutely dead set on AMD and Nvidea - personal bad experiences with Intel and ATI so... those are set in stone. Here's the link to the system: (Sorry, can't link it properly, currently on a system that does not allowing any sort of scripting "/ )

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 566D3 Athlon II X4 640(3.0GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Appreciate your thoughts,

D.

Ibuypower and cyberpower are quite competitive to building yourself.

You do know ati is now amd eh ;) Infact right now in lower cost systems, ati is the best bang for the buck card.

For your budget, thats your best option.

I do know yes - thanks though. I appear to have some sort of deep personal curse involving ATI. No less than 7 cards spread over quite some time have either quit on me in various spectacular ways, or had horrid horrid issues while technically sorta-kinda functioning. Thus... meh. Nvidia it is. I apparently angered an ATI gypsy in my youth.

While I'm at it, AMD because I've found their CPU's to be by far more resilient to overheat and screwy varying electrical power issues than Intel. Intel has worked better for me under good conditions, but the conditions where I am living are far, far from good. So, there we have it - the reasons why I'm being so one-way on the graphics/cpu issue.

Appreciate the reply

You can be any way you want..... Its your money ;)

AMD are great chips, don't offer the top performance, but the cost is perfectly matched to make it the bang for the buck chip.

Heh sure, I just wanted to post so that it wouldn't appear I was digging my heels in solely for the heck of it. It's a pet peeve of mine when people ask for advice, yet deny parts of it for no real reason at all.

Unrelated P.S.
Man that's one major profanity filter here!

Unrelated P.S.
Man that's one major profanity filter here!

That's because we have a zero tolerance policy regarding profanity here (it was mentioned in the rules). Yeah, it makes TF different, but it is intentional.

Oh indeed - I did read it - I just wasn't expecting quite the depth of it I suppose. Some of the *'d words just surprised me is all. Still, fair enough - it's hardly as negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom