Possible compatible problem with 9800gtx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolz07

Beta member
Hi everyone,
I just bought the following parts brand new: -
- Antec True power 650W PSU
- 2x 500GB Hard drives
- 2x 2Gb Corsair ram
- Intel Core2 Quad q6600
- Inno3d Geforce 9800GTX 512mb
- Gigabyte GA-EP45-Ds4P

I installed winxp and motherboard drivers. Everything was fine and normal until mid way though the graphic card drivers. About halfway through installing the latest forcware drivers for the 9800GTX my screen turns black with a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner, It stays black and needs to be reset with the switch. I tried vista same problem but black screen occurs after new drivers are installed and computer is reset.

The graphics card works fine in other computers and my PCI-e 7600GT graphics card works fine in the GA-EP45-DS4p motherboard.

Anyone know what I can do? Any help is appreciated.:eek:

Did you use the correct drivers for it ? check nvidia's driver site for a clue or hint to your problem and then possibly look for a newer driver that will help out your new card

I used the latest series 9 Geforce drivers. The exact same drivers worked fine in my other machine. I've been on Nvidia's site and there dosen't seem to be any helpful advice or any acknowledgement of the problem at all.

Other system specs are 3Gb P4, 80Gb harddisk, 1Gb ram Inel mobo and I'm using winxp 32bit but I also tried win2003 server 64 bit.

I decided to RA the two parts back to aus pc market. If they find the same problem and can't fix it, then upgraders beware of a compatibility problem with this Gigabyte board. I'll post when a conclusion is apparent.

Thanks heaps for your help guys n girls.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom