Is it possible to build a PCI-E computer for 250? or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xynthetik

Baseband Member
My max budget is 250 dollars or less.. perferebly less.. basically i jsut need a computer that can okay game and good in everyday usage. I want it PCI-E cause my other computer has a PCI-E 6600GT that i stilll want to use.

So basically, i already have the ram, hardrive, and video card. Now i need the rest, can you guys help me out?

the reason im doing this is because the current computer i have right now.. is a piece of crap. its so slow, i can barely game with it, and i have NO idea what the **** is wrong with it. its been like that since i first put that horror together.

Man you have a good system. Just fix it dont buy a new one..thats jmo

oh and 250 dollars will get you like a good proc but Im not sure about proc, mobo and psu. What do you need exactly?

umm basically i need a case , cpu, mobo and a crap pci-e card for the computer im replacing it with.

well i dunno guys cause the computer i currently have i bought a newpsu for it 500w by aspire. i replaced the ram with OCZ one and its still so slow ! its not sata.

i need a new mobo ? does taht have to do with anything speed wise? or wah.. how do i know if my mobo is bad?

but anyways.. i jsut dont wana deal with it. i got blue screen of death liek 1230781023971023 times already and im so sick of that computer. i really thot it had potential but eh.. i jsut want a fresh start

Is your current mobo a PCI-E or AGP? If it is AGP, then you will have to replace it to go with PCI-E.

BSoD? Have you written down the error codes? They tell what caused the BSoD. It may be something simple to fix it.

how long has it been since you reformatted, i know after i reformatted mine, it ran better then the day i bought it.

and yeah like trotter said write down the error codes and find/fix the problem.

xynthetik said:
i jsut dont wana deal with it. i got blue screen of death liek 1230781023971023 times already and im so sick of that computer. i really thot it had potential but eh.. i jsut want a fresh start

blue screen of death is mostly caused my a program or application that is tryign to do something it can't and it is tryign to make windows unstable so windows pops up the nice screen of death:D.

your computer should be fine jsut upgrade it. You can get a simple x2 3800 used for about (100-120) and then get a new mobo and a graphics card.

ohh sweet thanks guys i might jsut do that.

i just formatted right now and installed windows xp and it seems pretty good xD. ima still upgrade tho but i cant use my mobo for a x2 core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom