Possible build

Status
Not open for further replies.
does he already have DDR ram?

if not i recommend going to socket AM2, pretty much no price difference, but better upgradeability.

oh and the 3500+ is only a couple of dollars more than the 3200+, so i recommend that; UNLESS - by end of july prices of dual cores drop to the price of single cores, then you'd have to get a dual core! the cheapest crummiest AMD dual core would still be a great processor - so anything dual core would be best!

M733mhz said:
Yeah, He's got a good vid card and PSU if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking of telling him to get the Asus A8N MoBo too because I'm gonna be the one building this thing and from what I hear DFI motherboards are a pain in the *** to set up.

see how fast n00b complaints travel.........its not a pain in the a55 to configure if u no wat ur doing. anywayz......u'll want to change the hd to SATA and thats bout it. and maybe a good well known case, with decent airflow, and btw that CPU on newegg is $99 i believe. so yeah its cheap, and a great OC'er

Then perhaps I'll tell him to get a PSU too. Shouldn't be hard to dig one up locally anyway, I've got quite a few friends with a ridiculous amount of old computers and computer parts. Thanks for the help everyone so far. Also, it's not about someone being a "n00b" (besides if you're going to insult other people you might want to learn how to use proper grammar atleast) I would just rather go with the Asus board and not spend hours putting in a bunch of voltage settings and whatever else. The asus board has all the same features and is just as good for the same price but alot more user friendly so I see it as the way to go, it's more me being lazy if anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom