is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps3147

Baseband Member
basiaclly a couple of months ago my friend built me a pc but the thing was it was a amd processor and i wasnt that eager on that but anyhow i decided to stick with it. But now im wondering on upgrading to intel quad core so is it possible that i replace my mobo and cpu and keeps all the other parts from the amd build.

its a AM2 il give you the specs of the build to give you a better idea.

GIGABYTE GA M55S-S3
JEANTECH 600W POWER SUPPLY UNIT
1GB OCZ PC2-6400
GEFORCE 7600GT 256MB PCI-E GRAPHICS
Western Digital Caviar500GB 5000ABYS SATA-II 16MB
pc case Antec Nine Hundred
athlon 64x2 4800+

You know, since you have an AM2 board, you can just wait until the AMD Phenom X4 quad cores come out, in a couple of months.

sorry dont want to sound cheeky asking you this but could you fill me on the specs of the new cpu and will it match the intel quad cores if it wont i might just end up getting the intel lol.

i no that i said il need a mobo in my first post but forgot to again in my other but now im intrested about these new amd quad cores if anyone could fill me in on them and the biggest question will they match the intel quad core.

i belive they'll be just as good as intel quads if not better, wont your freind be annoyed if you build a new system when he built one for you quite recently

lol **** get anoyed i think
but you say to him it suks i want a new one
no reall say
i want to upgrade because there are new awesome parts that pwn the intel parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom