Poll: Antec Sonata III OR Antec NINE HUNDRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n3r4d3

Baseband Member
Hey guys i wanna compare the two cases. please help me out.

Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case 900 ATX 9 Drive Bay No PS Top USB2.0 1394 Audio
NCIX.com - Buy Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case 900 ATX 9 Drive Bay No PS Top USB2.0 1394 Audio - NINE HUNDRED In Canada.

* Unique Top mounted 200mm TriCool exhaust fan to cool the hottest system
* Perforated front bezel for maximum air intake
* Two front loaded HDD cages for up to 6 hard disk drives
* The HDD cages act as air ducts to take air in more efficiently. Optional middle 120mm fan bracket to cool the hottest graphic cards or CPU
* Two 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans to cool hard disk drives
* Window side panel comes with an optional 120mm fan mount for maximum VGA cooling
* Top mounted I/O ports for easy access
* Top tray for your MP3 player, digital camera, etc.
* Power supply mounts at the bottom of the case (power supply not included)
* Dimensions: 19.4" x 8.1" x 18.4" (L x W x H)
49.3cm x 20.6cm x 46.8cm (L x W x H)
* Advanced cooling system:
- 1 top 200mm TriCool fan with 3-speed switch control
- 1 rear 120mm TriCool fan with 3-speed switch control
- 2 front 120mm special black TriCool blue LED fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
- 1 side (optional) 120mm fan to cool graphic cards
- 1 middle (optional) 120mm fan to cool CPU or graphic cards

* 9 Drive Bays
- External 3 x 5.25"; Internal 6 x 3.5" for HDD, or
- External 6 x 5.25"; Internal 3x 3.5" for HDD, or
- External 9 x 5.25"
* Motherboard: Fits micro and standard ATX
* 7 Expansion Slots
* Top I/O
- Power & reset button with blue LED
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire®, i.Link®)
- Audio In and Out

http://img.ncix.com/gif/21123.JPG

OR

Antec Sonata III Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 500W 120MM Fan
NCIX.com - Buy Antec Sonata III Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 500W 120MM Fan - SONATA III 500 In Canada.

http://img.ncix.com/gif/24294.jpg

* Improved overall air intake for better and quieter cooling
* EarthWatts 500 Watt power supply (80 PLUS®certified)
* Front mounted USB, eSATA, HDA & AC'97 Audio In/Out ports
* 9 Drive Bays:
- 3 x 5.25" external drive bays
- 2 x 3.5" external drive bays
- 4 x 3.5" internal drive bays in individual trays with silicone grommets to absorb hard drive vibrations
* Metal double hinge allows the door to open up to 225?lt;/li>
* Cooling System:
- 1 rear 120mm Tricool fan (standard) with 3-speed control to balance quiet with cooling
- 1 front 120mm case fan (optional)
* Built-in washable air filter keeps harmful dust out of your case
* 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability
* Motherboards up to Standard ATX
* Dimensions:
-16.7" (H) x 8.1" (W) x 18.2" (D)
-42.5cm (H) x 20.6cm (W) x 46.3cm (D)
* Net Weight: 20.2lbs / 9.1kg

one is a pro gamer case, another is a pretty sexy looking case with a very good? power supply. what do you guys think?

by the way, i found a store where both cases are 109.99... other places were 120-140.

Go for the midtower if you already got a PSU, otherwise if you need a decent energy effienct psu anyway, might as well get the sonata

Depends on what you are putting in it. I went with the 900 because i have a quad core and thermalright ultra 120 and wanted the best air cooling possible. I think theres a deal on the 900 for like 50bucks after rebate if you look in the hot deals section.

i'm currently using this case

NCIX.com - Buy TURBO CASE X-DREAMER II Black 4X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5INT 350W P4 W/ TEMP DISPLAY - ATXB4KLW-BK/350W In Canada.

and i'm not liking it anymore..lol. so i wanna change it. both designs are very unique. what i use my comp for the most is dling/burning/ and gaming some not so crazy games (eg NBA LIVE 08, HL2). i like to leave my comp overnight. but i guess my power supply cant take it right now. so do you guys think the power supply from sonata III will be pretty good?

The sonata III comes with an earthwatts 500W. Google for some reviews but from what I've read, it performs well but is very plain looking and not sleeved.

I have the Sonata 3 and it is great, as long as you don't have a lot of components to put inside, it can probably start to get cramped pretty quick. Airflow is excellent inside the case, dust filter works awesome, hard drive brackets work excellent. Case is very sturdy, yet not that heavy.

PSU works excellent, however mine was making a lot of interference noise while under load, so I RMA'ed, and the replacement works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom