PNY GeForce 6200 DON'T WORK HELP~~!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
Ok, a friend of mine purchased a pny geforce 6200 graphics card. I installed, it worked for a short time, then I got blank screen. figured it was the psu. I gave them a 450 watt 21 amp raidmax psu I had laying around. good powersupply, tested it with an Ultra psu tester. all good. tried again. still get the same thing, only now it's not working at all. when plugged into the card, just get a blank screen. I've installed drivers from the CD, but none of the software shows up *i.e. don't get that nice little nVidea option when right clicking on desktop* I've tried a few more times but still not getting anything. ran cpuz, maybe the problem is their ram. running on pcchips m963gv board, intel celeron 340 *prescott series* @2.933 GHz, utilizing pc3200 *200 mhz*SuperTalent 512mb ram. where is my problem? where am I going wrong? last time I reset the entire board, cleared the cmos by disabling or taking out ram, card, and drives. reset was a sucess, can use ONBOARD graphics fine! also, when I went into display properties, tried to select the card, only gave me the option for 640x480 resolution and lowest *4 bit* color. again, what am I missing? I'll check this in the morning hopefully someone has an idea!

Well, it sounds like you don't have the right drivers... Although that doesn't explain why it was working for awhile..Try this.

Uninstall all video drivers for the card and then restart the computer using the video card. You should get a low resolution display. This time, instead of using the CD to install the drivers, use either windows update, or go to nVidia's website.

It doesn't sound like hardware failure... although that is always a possibility.. Although I really don't think it is in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom