PNY 8500 vs BFG 7950?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath

Baseband Member
Hey guys im at work, supposed to be helping customers.....i was just curious what is better for performance a pny 8500 or a BFG 7950/7900?

I work at Best Buy and i can get the pny card for 85.99

I currently have a 7900 from BFG, and the stupid thing keeps artifacting, so BFG said they send me a new one maybe even the 7950 since 7900 arent made any more..

What do you guys think> again im in a hurry and need a quick fix

aprecciate any help!

7900 > 8500 unless you really need DX10

PNY > BFG though imo

what do you mean it keeps artifacting? thats probably because your overclocking it badly? or your temperatures are too high (thermal paste)

a 79-anything will pretty much smear an 8500. he obviously doesnt need dx 10 because he has a 7900 now...and i wouldnt need dx-10 bad enough to buy a card for 85 bucks when bfg wanted to send me a (way) better card for nothing.

im not overclocking the card, stock from manufacter. And its idle temps are around 49c and when intense gets around 58c...didnt just start happening, its been doin this for awhile. I do want to be ahead of game with a dx10 card...

wierd how a 79xx will out perform a 8xxx card?

i didnt say it would beat all 8xxx cards. it will beat a 8500 and a 8600 though.
dude a 7950 will kick the s*** out of an 8500.
as far as dx10 cards go, an 8500 would be fine for running vista or maybe like watching a movie.
a 7900/7950 is a gaming card. there will be a BIG difference in how they play games.
if you have to have dx10 and are going to be gaming, get an 8800 card.

im not overclocking the card, stock from manufacter. And its idle temps are around 49c and when intense gets around 58c...didnt just start happening, its been doin this for awhile. I do want to be ahead of game with a dx10 card...

wierd how a 79xx will out perform a 8xxx card?

your not going to be ahead of anything with an 8500.. Just because something is dx10 doesnt mean its good, theres a reason why it is a low end dx10 card and only costs 80 bucks.

7900's crap out, thats why they ,made the 7950 and stoped making 7900
i had 2 7900gt's from xfx crap out, the first was the second day after purchase, and teh second was 6months later, its not the brand do not worry, iut happend to 7900gt's across the board.

i wonder if its just the GTs that are like that....
my 2 7900gs' have been running full tilt (well one, anyway...i got the 2nd a few months back) since i bought it. and i overclock the snot out of it (them, now lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom