Please Rate this system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth getting an SLI board? I'm not gonna SLI prolly for another year or so, and even if i do, is there much of a difference?

By the way i'm planning to buy the stuff soon, so please post your comments, i need your advice.

If you plan on having SLI in the future, then go with a mobo wiht SLI right now. I personally wouldnt go with the DFI expert because I have read of them frying cpus. Check out this motherboard . Other than that it looks very good.

it doesn't look like that board will work with the dual core processor. :( how are abit boards?

**edit** ok right now i'm at about $1500 including the software that i need. can you guys help me shave off a couple hundred bucks somewhere so this will cost about 1200?

I'm going to be doing more gaming now, so i want a system capable of games such as AOE3, battlefield 2, call of duty 2, etc. thanks

Okay, here's my perspective.
Great build, only a few changes I PERSONALLY would make..
- SLI is such a waste, don't even get into it. Maybe you'll gain 10 or 15 frames per second if you sli a 7800gt or something, but not anything actually worth getting. If you want better performance down the road, I would say stick with the 7800GT which is only like a hundred dollars more than the 6800GS. The GS is a great card, but wont last you as long as the 7800GT performance-wise.
- You're right about not needing to get a psu if you get an Antec Case. Antec makes great psu's and great cases. But don't assume this with all case/psu bundles. Other psu's that come with cases usually suck. Hard ones.
- I'd get this motherboard, great one for overclocking and such for a lot less.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
- Why are you buying a TV Tuner? Just curious.

I just thought it'd be kind of cool to record stuff on my computer then watch it. i don't have a lot of time to watch tv now, but i was thinking last night that i might not get it. i'm trying to shave this computer down to about $1300 with shipping and the software i need, so not getting the tv tuner could save me $80. i might just buy it later on.

I also do want the 7800gt, but my only option would be for me to wait about 4-5 months until i save up enough money :(. So if i get the 6800 and non SLI board like you're suggesting, and get rid of a couple other things, i might be able to get this down to where i need it to be.

**edit** will the board you suggested work with the X2? on newegg it doesn't list the X2.

Chernabog said:
From what I've heard, the 6800 and 6600 are so similar, that the 6600 is the obvious choice, because it's so much cheaper. Ghost says the 5500 is even more worth the value, so maybe go with that.
But I'm not completely sure, so let someone else roger that.

Hmm which version of the 6800 and the 6600 are we talkin about here?

Either way if you have the cash get the 7800gt/ Or, at the least, get a 6800gs.

yeah right now i don't have the cash for the 7800gt, so i'm sticking with the 6800gs. regarding the cases, i only have about 18 inches at the most (H) to work with, and the antec already has a power supply. tyhanks though i might look into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom