Please Rate this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
I'm planning to build a computer in the next month or so, and it would be used for everyday school stuff, some multimedia (music, dvd burning, etc) and some moderate gameplay such as RTS games and games like Medal of Honor,etc. I want this to be upgradeable for the future also, and i don't think i'll be OCing. I'm trying to stay around $1300 including mouse, keyboard, and software.

case:
Antec Sonata II

MoBo (Want to SLI in future):
**Deal with gfx card thru monarch computer: NF4 EVGA Motherboard

Processor:
Athlon 64 X2 3800

Video Card:
eVGA 7800gt

Ram:
Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory OR
Patriot Signature 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory Depends on how much money i have

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 300gb 7200 RPM

Optical Drive 1:
NEC DVD burner

Optical Drive 2:
Light Scribe DVD Burner

Media Reader:
Athenatech media Reader

TV Tuner:
Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150 PCI Interface Tuner Card

Keyboard:
Logitech Media Keyboard

Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse
Round IDE Cables
Arctic Silver

windows, mcafee, and ms office - $150.

1.) Are these all compatable?
2.) Are they good parts?
3.) Do I have to add anymore fans or anything?

Thanks in advance for your help, i appreciate it.

I'd say it's fairly decent for what you're doing, in my opinion anyways. You helped me find some cheap memory also. I've only got to memory slots in my computer and I have a 256 in there right now. I asked for a gig for christmas, I have a DDR 400 so the cheapest I could find was two 512's for around 80 dollars. Now I can get a stick of 1024 for 90.

i think its a very nice setup, two thumbs up or 9/10, i just personally hate AMD, thats all.

also, get office standard AT LEAST

Hate AMD? Why? AMD is probably the best commercial processor out there. It's a proven fact that it's better than Intel.

thanks for the rate guys, and i'm glad i could help you find a stick of ram, lol. whats the difference between office standard and student teacher edition? student teacher edition has Publisher, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and excel. isn't that what standard has?

Get 2x 512mb sticks of RAM so you can take avantage of dual channel for increased performance and also a cheaper price

Do you really need the 7800GT? I mean, sure it's great, and it'll last you a while, but you don't NEED it for casual gaming, and dropping to a 6600/6800 would be far cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom