Please Help Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your computer a HP Pavilion w5040la? That was the result I got when I searched your model number at www.hp.com. If it is then you only have three PCI expansion slots but no PCI-E or AGP slots for a graphics card. One of the major problems with companies like HP or Dell is that they do anything that they can to shave off cost. Things like getting rid of expansion slots and therefore upgradeability. If it was some company other than HP you might be able to replace the motherboard, but HP doesn't use standard sized parts or cases. Sorry, but you will probably have to return that card for a refund if you can.

HP uses screwy sizes on thier components and cases. A new motherboard probably would not fit in your hp case. You might be able to get away with a new motherboard and a new case, or there might be other parts that won't fit either.

Of course all of this is dependant upon the link I posted being the correct computer.

I don't know, but when I check. The 7300 series HP computers have PCIe graphics interface. Are you sure you are looking at the right thing. I've got a 7330n media pc and it definitely has PCIe graphics slot.

Yeah i even contacted HP support via chat they gave me some info of where to buy motherboards so im just gonna go there and see where i can get one.

And yes i can buy a new motherboard ... So it was just stupid saying that i would have to buy a new pc for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom