Please Help Boot Drive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trbngr86

Beta member
I have two questions.
1) Ok so here is my problem. I have a hard drive 160gb as my boot drive in my comp.. XP. I cloned C to a 320 gb hd with xxclone, and did the extra tool to make the new drive (F) bootable. However I cannot figure out how to change it so the computer boots from F instead of C. I need to do this cause my original drive is old and could go out anytime. Please if someone can explain how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched all over online, but I can't find any reference to my situation.

2) My 320 gb seagate hd I just bought, has the jumper limiting it to 1.5GB/s on it. How do I remove this to get the 3GB/s transfer rate. It is real tiny and there is no easy way (that I can see) to get it out.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks

Kyle

shutdown your computer >>> turn computer back on and press the bios key before windows boots up the key is usually delete or f2 >>> change boot priority to new hdd

2. The jumper is a little piece of plastic on the back it is right next to the sata cable output you need to pull it out so that 4 pins are evident with no plastic jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom