Please Help With An ASUS P4P800-E and an Raidmax Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapon X8027

Beta member
Hello!

I am trying to build my computer but Ive run into a small problem
the diagram for the power stuff on the mobo doesnt match up with the lil black plugs I have to plug in. For example, I have the following...
THE MANUAL STATES:
System Panel Connector(20-Pin Panel)
This connector accommodates several system front panel functions.
then the diagram shows Power LED(PLED+/-), Speaker Connector(+5V, Ground, Ground, Speaker), IDE_LED(IDE_LED +/-), SMI Lead(ExtSMI#,Ground), ATX Power Switch(PWR, Ground), Reset SW(Reset, Ground)
-SYSTEM POWER LED LEAD(Green 3-1 Pin PLED)
This 3-1 pin connector connects to the system power LED. The LED lights up when you turn on the system power, and blinks when the system is in sleep mode.

-System Warning Speaker Lead(Orange 4-Pin SPKR)
This 4-Pin connector connects to the case mounted speakers and allows you to hear system beeps and warnings

-Reset Switch Lead(Blue 2-Pin RESET)
This 2-Pin connector connects to the case-mounted reset switch for rebooting the system without turning off the system power.

-ATX Power Switch/Soft-Off Switch Lead(Yellow 2-Pin PWRBTN)
This connector connects a switch that controls the system power. Pressing the power switch turns the system between On & Sleep, Pressing ON & SOFT OFF, depending on the BIOS or OS Settings. Pressing the power switch while in the ON Mode for more then 4 Seconds turns the system OFF.

-System Management Interrupt Lead(Light Blue 2-Pin SMI)
This 2-Pin Connector allows you to manually place the system into a suspended mode, or "green" mode, where system activity is instantly decreased to save power and to expand the life of certain system components. Attach the case-mounted suspend switch to this 2-Pin Connector.

-Hard Disk Activity LED(Red 2-Pin IDE_LED)
This connector supplies power to the hard disk activity LED. Any read or write activity of an IDE Device cause this LED to Light UP.

THE SYSTEM PANEL CONNECTOR IS COLOR-CODED FOR EAST AND FOOLPROOF CONNECTION. TAKE NOTE OF THE SPECIFIC CONNECTOR COLORS AS DESCRIBED.

Now the only wires I find in the case, none of them have those labels on them.
I have the following wires:
Power Switch: Blue & White
Reset Switch: Blue & Black
Speaker: Red & Black(Twisted Together)
VCC2: Red
DATA+2: Green
DATA-2: White
GND2: Black
DATA-1: White
DATA+1: Green
GND1: Blue
VCC1: Red
VCC: White
TPA-: Orange
TPB-: Pink
TPB+: Lt Green
TPA+: Lt Blue
So I am completely lost as to what goes where, The System Panel Color layout is as follows:
TOP ROW: Green(with like a + through it), 2 Green,2 Brownish, White, Orange(with like a + through it), & 3 More Orange.
BOTTOM ROW: Red(with like a + through it), Red, White, 2 Lt Blue, 2 Yellowish, White, 2 Blue.
Any help or input would be great, thanks for your time!
Jake

Do not worry about or even look at the color's on the ATX panel of the motherboard they mean nothing to you. It is much easier to find the pinouts in the manual then compare them to the micro print on the board to get your self oriented properly. and match them up like that. Didn't your case come with a little piece of paper that explains every wire? What series of raidmax do you have?

Power Switch: Blue & White = ATX Power Switch(PWR, Ground)
Reset Switch: Blue & Black = Reset SW(Reset, Ground)
Speaker: Red & Black(Twisted Together) = Speaker Connector(+5V, Ground, Ground, Speaker), That's the easy ones. There should be two wire cables (togeather then split on the end with four wires each) these are your USB1 and USB2. It is these ones

VCC2: Red
DATA+2: Green
DATA-2: White
DATA-1: White
DATA+1: Green
GND1: Blue
VCC1: Red
VCC: White

And they go on a seperate usb header alittle further down . Oh the extra vcc white is your shield you will see one of the usb1 or usb2 headers on the board has five pin's not four and it will be labeled shield that's where the vcc white goes.

TPA-: Orange
TPB-: Pink
TPB+: Lt Green
TPA+: Lt Blue

Now these ones are a little confusing and they have to be for Power led,,, hdd led,,,, and idle led. But check on raidmax's site to be sure. If the light's won't work or the wrong light is on then switch them around.

No little paper to explain anything. It appears to be a RAIDMAX Scorpion Type case. I honestly am not even sure it is definetly RAIDMAX(I got it through an auction on EBAY like a year ago), thats the only case I can find that resembles my case though. I am sorry but I am still not understanding what to plug where? Ive never had them like this. Every one Ive done as been labelled accordingly. I apologize for my stupidness! Thanks for your help though!

I SENT YOU AN EMAIL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom