Please help with 750 Ti! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Please help with 750 Ti!

I'm currently having a lot of problems with my new graphics card. My computer is an HP Pavilion p6-2330 with an AMD A10-5700 APU with integrated graphics, 300w PSU, and a MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine) Motherboard. I purchased a 750 Ti under the advice of many forum-goers, and now my computer does not detect it and I can't install its drivers. My system's power requirement would be ~290w if I uninstalled my integrated graphics drivers and used the new one instead, but every time I reboot my computer they reinstall. I don't know if my GPU needs more power, is not being recognized by my motherboard, or is simply DOA.

ShoMeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: Please help with 750 Ti!

Firstly, we saw your first post. You didn't need to make another one. Secondly, your system will take nowhere near 290W even at full load.

Now, do you have the 6pin power plugged into the graphics card? Do you have your monitor plugged into the 750ti?

"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Grinch
Default Re: Please help with 750 Ti!

I have a very similar computer here that has a Jasmine motherboard in it... Pretty sure there's an option in the BIOS to disable Integrated Video... Reason it's not detecting your Nvidia graphics card is because the GPU built into the processor is using the x16 lanes that the Dedicated Graphics card is wanting to use.
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote