Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanooo123

Solid State Member
I have just completed (well kind of) my first build. It boots up, and i have started installing Windows.
When i try to install XP Pro i get a Stop Error........Big blue screen.

When i try to install Windows 7 - it gets to the screen where it asks where i want to install windows, i say my HDD (Brand new SATA) and then it thinks for about 5mins, and says that it cant install in that location?!

HELP?!

Do i need to do something to the bios? And if so, what an how?

Many thanks

0x0000007E SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A driver is incompatible or it is damaged.

Have you installed the sata driver disk (should have come with the motherboard) when winxp asks for any "additional raid drivers press f6"?

Are you sure about that motherboard model? I cannot find any info about it on biostars website.

Yes, it is GF8100 M2+ SE

Am just going to try that agian.

I didnt think that a SATA drive would need a driver?!

Nope but xp may need the sata driver for your motherboard when installing.
adding the gf in front of the model makes it much easier to find. thanks

Here is the driver page for your board.
BIOSTAR

You would need to use the
Serial ATA AHCI
for win 32 bit Windows XP x86/ v1.0.3.0.42 2008-12-05 470 KB

which will create a floppy for installing the sata drivers for use in installation of windows to a sata drive.
The page also has your bios utility as well.

o.k... first... you need to delete the current partition... then create new partition... and then format it... then you can install windows 7, my guess is you didn't do any of that... not all drives are formatted when you buy them... most are... but some aren't... so try that and see if it doesn't work for you. another thing to try... is make sure there's no finger prints... dust... hair... scratches... ect... on the cd itself... as this will cause errors too.

now... i have a question for you guys... and it's been ticking me off... my computer is running fine... i can play any game i have... like trophy hunter... warcraft 3... ect... or... be downloading stuff from limewire of frostwire... and my computer will freeze... or... it'll restart... for no reason. i have the restart on error turned off... and it still does it... and it's been doing it since i installed my new nvidia 6200-le ... and i have the latest driver... i even went and uninstalled it... and went to the driver before that one... and it still does it. any sugestions out there?

Can i update a driver using a CD? By taking out the Windows disc after i have pressed F6 and putting in the driver disc i have downloaded from the website?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom