Picked up some memory for cheap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
Well i just was up at my local best buy, and noticed that PC3200 512mb ram was on sale for 29.99. So I picked up a stick for my pc. I already have 1 512mb in my pc. So i thought for the price it was good. Only question i have is when i look up system in control panel, why is it that i only have 980MB of ram. I was just curious. thanks again

Well i just was up at my local best buy, and noticed that PC3200 512mb ram was on sale for 29.99. So I picked up a stick for my pc. I already have 1 512mb in my pc. So i thought for the price it was good. Only question i have is when i look up system in control panel, why is it that i only have 980MB of ram. I was just curious. thanks again

Thats no deal really.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

The other 20mb is probably being taken up by some kind of program or process. I wouldn't worry about it. Its not at all uncommon.

Thats no deal really.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

The other 20mb is probably being taken up by some kind of program or process. I wouldn't worry about it. Its not at all uncommon.

First of all if you count shipping and tax those ram sticks on newegg will come out to about the same as what he paid at bestbuy so it all works out the same.

Second, if you are using an onboard videocard then it is using up some of the ram memory. This should be under bios and you can change the amount you want to reserve for your onboard video. If you are using a real videocard then it might be something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom