Hi. New to PC building, and I've started building my new music studio/gaming PC... Please let me know if the specs would be considered performance, or just general...
1. MSI K8MM-V Motherboard
2. AMD 3200+ Athlon 64 2.2Ghz, socket 754, with oversized heatsink and fan for OC... 800 FSB
3. Xfx GeForce 6800 256MB Graphics Card
4. 2 GB PC3200 RAM (twin 1GB dimms)
5. Pioneer DVD +/- RW DL
6. 250 GB SATA HDD
7. Creative Audigy ZS Platinum 7.1, Dolby EX, DTS, THX Certified...
8. Fan controller/temp monitor
What can I do to overclock the CPU, either hardware mod, and/or software? How reliable is this MSI motherboard? Would it be reasonable to add RAM heatsinks when overclocking/general use?