Perfection in the insertion of cards/components

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeller

In Runtime
How precise do you have to be when inserting a card or other component, like a heatsink?

If it powers up and works (I don't know if mine does the latter yet) is it okay? Like, my motherboard is, I think, about 3.5 millimeters away from being in a perfect position. Because of this, my audio and graphics card didn't "slip right in" so to speak. But the graphics card fan works when I power up, and the LEDs on the audio card light up, and my heatsink (which was such a clumsy affair that I wasn't sure if it was secured properly, though it seemed so) powered up and the fan worked.

So is it not work the risk? Should I take a risk and drill new holes in my case? Will my GPU/Mobo/Audio Card bend over time?

Thanks.

unless the gpu/mobo/and sc are reall pushing against ur case there is no need, u don't really have to be precise it just has to go fully in. it could be on a bit of an angle (a bit). if ur worried about it just drill some new holes, just make sure u don't drill the holes to close to the other side of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom