Pentium D vs P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrserv0n

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I have a question, once a year through intel I get a reward package for working for a retailer this year they are offering the following

Pentium Dual core 820 (2.8ghz)
D945PSN Motherboard
XP Pro
Adobe Elements 3.0

All for $220, great deal I know, I will buy it for sure however do
I want to turn this into my main system is the question.
I currently have

P4 2.53 HT
D865PERL Motherboard

I hear the 820D is crappy, and actually slower than the P4 when playing games, which is all I do, So am I downgrading by putting this Dual core into my system, should I keep what I have and sell the 820 package? Please help me out, I have no real knowledge on the dualcores.

When it comes to playing games, AMD is the way to go. But with those two chips, I would think that the P4 might be better, because games don't take advantage of dual core yet.

Yea I know the games don't take advantage of the dual core yet, but they are supposed to start by the end of the year, so really when that time comes which isnt far away is it going to be a big difference between the 2.53 P4 and the 820 or if I sell the bundle, and my p4 mobo and chip, what AMD processor and MB is the way to go?

there will be a difference when multi taskiong. sel your old P4

amd athlon 64 3700+
DFI nF4 ultra-D

or an X2 processor.

i say buy that package

if you get that bundle I will definitely consider buying that off of you...

I say get the bundle---then decide. There's plenty of people who would like some of that stuff from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom