Pentium D 930 or AMD Athlon Venice 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
For definate, the 3800+, its the best processor of the lot! I personally would get one insead of my 3200 if I had the money :(. The D805 will just get hot and make alot of noise doing most things, whereas the 3800 will just cruise through everything and not make much of a bother!

AMD is better at gaming and it can multi task (single cores it can't multi-task like an Intel can.) However it beign duel cores The AMD can multi task great and game which gives you rather 2 good reasons to buy the 3800+)

i am confused as to how you can say dual core when he said explicitly "3800+ venice". in this case the 930 wins if you can cope with the power consumption, and i'll bet if you get watercooling you have permanent boiling water on tap ;). honestly the 930 is a good choice here. give me 2x3ghz cores over a single 3800+ core. for the record, Intel does not suck at gaming it is just that generally for an equivelant price you will get better performance with AMD.

A lot of blind fanboyism going on here. The Pentium D is a dual core processor, OF COURSE its going to generate more heat and more power. If the price is equal or roughly the same, go with the Pentium D.

Why not just wait for the new Intel's Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe to be released on the 27th? Its going to cost abit more but the reviews have great comments on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom