pci slot, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
ok what the thing is i have decided on a mobo that is suitable for me (fits in case i like, takes the dual core i want and takes 8gb ram)

now i decided to go with a bulky gpu (8800 gts 320mb) and a sound card in the pci slot now that leaves me with 1 pci slot free and i want to fill it, it will be the only thing on the mobo that has nothing there

now you should see my point, there is no space at the back to fit a tv tuner or something so i was kind of hoping that theres something internal i could slot in to it

Can I suggest a pci slot fan to blow on your 8800 to keep it cool.
Maybe something like this.
Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Card with Blue UV LED SP-FC70-BL at TigerDirect.com

yeah i could do with something like that but i need something with out the metal clamp on the back

this is the mobo i am getting

Jetway M2A692-GHG-PB AMD 690G - Socket AM2 - Aria Technology

i am putting the 8800 gts in the pci-e and putting the sound card at the bottom (far left) i have that middle pci free and no space for a clamp.

yeah i could do with something like that but i need something with out the metal clamp on the back

this is the mobo i am getting

Jetway M2A692-GHG-PB AMD 690G - Socket AM2 - Aria Technology

i am putting the 8800 gts in the pci-e and putting the sound card at the bottom (far left) i have that middle pci free and no space for a clamp.

Now That I am looking at your mobo (which is rather small), I'm pretty sure that the 8800 is going to take up the pci slot beneath it (not use, but the 8800 take up two slots cause it is so wide). So you are probably only going to have the one pci slot at the bottom open for your sound card.

Now That I am looking at your mobo (which is rather small), I'm pretty sure that the 8800 is going to take up the pci slot beneath it (not use, but the 8800 take up two slots cause it is so wide). So you are probably only going to have the one pci slot at the bottom open for your sound card.

ohhh for god sake :( why didn't i think of that

ok its either a different mobo or just stick with that, thank you any way guys

The gigabyte 690G board is Great!!!!!

-------------------------
Matt Parent
Parent Technology – Grand Rapids Web Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom