PCI gpu upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Whats the best one i can recommend for my friend.... I'm trying to convince him to buy a new comp but i dont htink he has the money... right now he has a Radeon X1300... is there a better and can he go better for a resonable cost?

No pic-e slots

no agp slots...

*cough* its an emachines *cough*

orignal specs straight off the website

MB: MB,AUGSBURG-G3 GV MBEM104399AG
CPU: CPU, P4, 516, 2.93GHz, 533FSB, 1MB
HDD: HDD, 200GB 7200rpm SATA
Memory: Mem, DDR-RAM 256MB (Max. 2GB) HE UPGRADED TO 1 GB... 4 - 256 MB'S LAWL
ODD1: DVDRW,MF N3LC DLYR 16X 100686
Modem: MODEM, V.92 56K 56PSV-A
Power Supply: PS,300 WATT
LAN: 10/100 100372
Keyboard Model: KB,9908,ES105K,PS/2,EM Black 103832
Mouse: MOUSE, SILVER WHEEL, BLACK GLOSS 100704
Speaker: SPEAKER,SP-30A(AMP) 102712
Video: Video, integrated
Chasis: Chassis,Nexgen 3 MAIN FRAME
Multimedia Reader: Media Reader, 8in1 100712
Bezel: BEZEL,NEXGEN3LC COMPLETE FRAME ASSBY 101152

as far as i know all he upgraded was his GPU, and his ram up to a gig.

Recommendations so he could play CSS better without buying a whole new comp and or spending a huge sum of money?

even if he gets a x1550 or some better pci card, he wouldn't get much performance increase

Any way hardware wise to get his game playing good on that comp im trying to find out... more ram, a better gpu... idk, but i offerd my friend to help him build his new one and look for parts if he comes up with a decent sum of money

CSS stresses CPU more than your graphics card. therefor if you want to play CSS smoother get a dual core.

ask your friend to play single player and get this FPS.

CSS stresses CPU more than your graphics card. therefor if you want to play CSS smoother get a dual core.

ask your friend to play single player and get this FPS.

I'm on a P4 3.2 GHz and CSS plays fine at mostly high settings.

I don't think CPU is his problem.

I also have 1GB of RAM, leading me to think your video card is indeed your problem.

I have a GeForce 6200 and it plays pretty well... though, my card is AGP.

can you back that up please?

im on an opteron 165, 2GB ram, and x1950xt and i get about 70-120fps on max settings.

before when i was on an opteron 140, 1gb of ram, and geforce 7300gt on max settings, i get around 15-40fps, which is barely playable.

My DDR1 400 1GB RAM, 3.2 GHz P4, 6200 machine plays it fine.

His DDR1 1GB RAM, 3.0 GHz P4, whatever card doesn't play it fine.

Wouldn't it be logical to assume the problem is in the video card?

it is logically but...

one thing i forgot to mention is that is depends on what map your playing in and how many players are in the server. generally i play in cs_office with 20 players and it gives me about 70-120fps.

your system is probably fine playing in de_dust, dust2, iceworld with aprox 10 players and get avg 30 fps.

so it depends on how many players your playing with and what map your playing in but the author of this thread obviously plays in servers with aprox 20 players and getting around 15-40fps.

but this is my assumption because i noticed the most change in FPS when i upgraded from single to dual core. you can actually test this. play single player with 20 botsand youll get higher fps but playing multiplayer with 20 players you get less fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom