Pci express 1.1 base spec on new mother board for gaming pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer

Solid State Member
Pci express 1.1 base spec on new mother board for gaming pc ?
I recently bought a motherboard with a base specification revision 1.1 16-lane pci express slot The O.S I can and wish to use is vista home premium along with a Nvidia 8600 gts 256 mb G.P.U and a 2 Qaud CPU(Q6600 GO) DDR2 800 1Gb for a game with fairly mid range graphics.
Im starting to wonder if the PCI express slot will slow down or bottle-neck ? Please help with advise as I would like to use vista home premium .
:confused

If you are going to try to run Vista, get more ram. 1 GB + Vista = slooowww.

My wife's laptop had 1 gb on it with Vista Home Premium or whatever Vista is on there. Every time you had to reboot, you could make yourself a sandwich, eat it, wash your hands and it would have just finish the reboot. Not to mention all games and decent resolution videos were all choppy.

With that set up, I don't think you'll have to worry about the PCI express slot slowing down your machine.

Failboat if your computer takes that long to load vista look at other causes, there should be no reason why it would take that long to boot. I agree 1 GB is the min you should use for Vista, but i've used Vista with 1 GB and it was fine.

Freezer I guess i don't understand your question. Are you worried about the PCI x16 slot being too slow for Vista? PCI x16 is the fastest video controller there is at this point, so no it wouldn't be too slow. In fact it would be plenty fast.

With the specs you've mensioned above your computer will run Vista Home Premium w/o any issues at all. The only issue you'll notice is ONCE STARTED the computer may run a little slow because of the lack or RAM. Might want to bump that up to 2 gig.

Im going with 2 gigs :). Iwas just wondering if the Pci express version 1.1 on the board might slow things down too much when it came to using the pc for gaming with areo .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom