pci-e 3.0 card with pci-e 2.0 mobo and SSD system drive

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
upgraded from 6600gt to gtx 650ti its a 3.0 graphics card
was wondering if i should change any bios settings to optimize the system for this video card ?

and also do i need to change any bios settings when i cange to SSD system drive.
or what are the recommended settings for ssd drive it seems to be performing somewhat ****ty.
i didnt notice any improvement.

is there any way to optimize the old ssd that slows down once over 50% full?i think thats what is happening. its a 60gb drive and i only have windows installed on it nothing else. but its at 70% now

There's nothing you need to do for the graphics card as the BIOS should take care of everything automatically.

As for your SSD, check to see if TRIM is enabled.

Open a command prompt as an admin and type:

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

Then press enter.

If the result is "DisableDeleteNotify = 1", then TRIM is disabled. If the result "= 0", then it's enabled.

Last edited:
If you're positive that your SSD getting full is slowing down your system, have checked to see if your drive even supports TRIM?

Personally, I would suspect malware's bogging down the system.

Doubt seriously the SSD is causing any issues unless it's a first gen. Actually, what model is the SSD?
Did you do a fresh install when putting the SSD in? If you haven't then you need to do that.

Did you disable pagefile, hibernation, shadow copy processes and all the rest found in the SSD guide here on TF?

I have to agree with the above. I would be willing to bet it's something running on the system rather than the SSD. If you really want to see what the difference is after using the SSD for a month or two go back to a HDD.

sweet i was about to check for new hardware lol

thanks im due for a system wipe anyway

is it me or the is it becoming harder to find correct info on the internet?

yea i should they are much cheaper now.

so im assuming the new ssds dont have the problem with only being able to use half of space before slow down?

i used to have no problem finding **** that is unimaginable to find.

now its so much useless crap and advertisemens and people trying to sell you crap.

do you use some different search engine? or search software?

i mean i can find it but its just so much time to scroll through unrelated results and ads..

is there a topic here about searching more efficiently?

maybe we should have one so people can share their tricks to better searching for info

Back
Top Bottom