Pc upgrades

slacky1230

Solid State Member
Hey guys purchased a refurbished computer few months ago just for the little to browse the Internet. Ever since I've got it it's not been the best.

Slow at opening programs can't change from day internet browser to something else without it going funny for a few seconds.

I was thinking about putting a ssd in there would this help or is the problem with the ram and cpu?

Thanks for the help

The RAM and CPU are pretty old by now but if you're just wanting on the internet and nothing else it should still be fine. When was the last time you formatted this machine?

The RAM and CPU are pretty old by now but if you're just wanting on the internet and nothing else it should still be fine. When was the last time you formatted this machine?

It's a good 9 months old but I can proberly count on one hand how many times it's been used because it gets frustrating lol. I'll have a look later see what's it like later.

In the past when I've defragmented hard drives never noticed any difference

So the Windows install is 9 months old?

An SSD will improve your experience but it won't magically make the machine a snippy internet beast or anything. You can always try grabbing an SSD and if it doesn't perform send it back.

So the Windows install is 9 months old?

An SSD will improve your experience but it won't magically make the machine a snippy internet beast or anything. You can always try grabbing an SSD and if it doesn't perform send it back.

I wasn't expecting it to preform miracles but thought it might solve the problem of it going funny for a couple minutes at a time.

How do I go about sending it back once I've installed Windows on it?

If you get a Samsung 850 EVO it'll come with Samsung Magician that can clone your current drive over. After the clone is done shut down the computer and unplug the data cable from the HDD. Boot into the machine and give it a minute and try doing things with it. If the speed isn't satisfactory plug your HDD back in and boot into it. Use the Samsung Magician software and secure erase the SSD and send it back to where you purchased it.

If you get a Samsung 850 EVO it'll come with Samsung Magician that can clone your current drive over. After the clone is done shut down the computer and unplug the data cable from the HDD. Boot into the machine and give it a minute and try doing things with it. If the speed isn't satisfactory plug your HDD back in and boot into it. Use the Samsung Magician software and secure erase the SSD and send it back to where you purchased it.

Might pick on up from pc world later. Do they come with seals or anything? Can you plug ssd into any machine or do you have to have a certain type of motherboard for it to work?

Back
Top Bottom