pc turns on mobo MSI KA780GM2 Socket AM2+ no video

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachedcustoms

Baseband Member
Hi this is a new build the motherboard came in the mail with out bios battery put in new one and no video bought it on a auction site it boots up but know video I try everything dif memeroy assemble out of case still no video please help me i also put in diffrent video card

thanks happy new year

Can you be a little more specific please, about the components, the situation, and what you've tried to do. Does the motherboard have onboard video? Is that what you are trying to use? Are you sure the video card you tried is working? Does it POST?

Marc

Hi The motherboard has three video ports anolog hdmi and dvi I tried them all the other mother board a listed does the same thing the pchips one. I put in another video card that has dvi. Yes the video card works I'm using sata 1 400gb hardrive and sata 1 dvd burner. I also read that sata 1 is backwords compadible with sata 2 for ram i tried 4gb in two slots or just 1gb in one slot for cpu i tried amd am2 3500+ and phenom x4. I also tried mounting the board in diffrent casees the borad has no io plate, but i mounted boards to case before and they worked like that also tried diffrent power supplys 500wt to 550wt

thanks happy new year Mike

Does the computer POST? Here are POST code charts for different BIOSs. When you cannot see any video POST codes can tell you what is happening, if some other piece of hardware is having trouble (commonly RAM, possibly video RAM).

Also, not to be a grammar nazi, but if you try to use a little better sentence structure and grammar in your post I might be able to help better, reading your post is giving me a headache man :(

Marc

could you show me on board were the speaker goes in picture i looked on the board it had no bios jumper on it.ii put it on keep bios. It still does not work. I can find were speaker goes. thanks for your help I now have 3 boards that do this. one is a asus i use for a year i moved th cables around and that one has no video too. the msi is the one I would like like help with now. I really have bad luck with computers. i have 4 now that i put together with no problem thank good. thanks for your help Mike

i have a portible wire that with speaker atached to it that can go in speaker port if that helps

there was no 2 pin cmos jumper pin and no bios battery i board when it came in the mail. I repalced them Is my bios chip fried or do I have no bios installe?. If so How do i install new bios? there are no beeps at post.

hi I hooked up speker and get no beeps. It must be somthing bad. Mike no beeps means its dead right i think i'm going to rma it

Did you use the thermal compound that came with the CPU? Or did you apply after market thermal compound? I have seen issues with blank video if you use the factory installed thermal compound.

You have tried a different memory module?

Tried different video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom