PC showing one RAM slot being used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieboi17

Baseband Member
I have 1024GB Ram installed on my pc but my pc just shows one RAM slot being used up not two and just says you have one 512mb??? do i have to activate the 2nd one or something?

Try a different slot for your 2nd stick of RAM. You may even want to test that stick by itself to see if its even functional.

Is your RAM DDR?

Yes my ram is DDR. I only have two slots for RAM card and they are both being used up by my two 512mb DDR RAM cards

Interesting. If I were you I would test each individueal stick to check for faulty RAM.

If your machine will boot successfully with both stick (idividually) you will need to check your bios for RAM configurations.

What kind of MOBO do you have ?

From what i can work out (im saying this from the crucial scan i did), my 1024GB of ram is working and my pc is registering the 2nd new DDR ram card. but when i was on the crucial.com website and did their scan they could only detect one of my ram cards and said there was a spare slot and my pc was capable of 2000Gb of ram. my mother board is a Intel VL35g motherboard...not entirely sure if i right on that. dont even know how to check what mother board i have lol

Ok, So... Your system is recognizing 1Gb of RAM total correct ?
The website is seeing an empty slot ?

Is that correct?

If thats correct, I will assume that the website is reading it wrong. As long as your machine says you have 1Gb of RAM in your sys properties you are all good :)

ok cool so its the stupid website thing lol ta! erm any suggestions on how i can check what stuff my pc actually has in it? or do i have to use the control panel etc?

If you have a DELL it will be a bit harder than normal. You can right-click the "My Computer" icon and select Properties.

You should see your total RAM on the (defaulted) General Tab under Computer:

I dont have a dell pc thank god, i dont like them, you cant really customise those! my pc is one i brought from a friend who brought that from pcworld lol

Thats good ! You will be able to see how much registered RAM is in the machine from the properties of the My Computer Icon.

You should also be able to see it during POST.

If you really want to know what your machine is doing. Find CPU-Z and install that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom