Pc runs slow with security software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
Right now, I have an old dell PC that can still run some games pretty good. A long time ago, we installed AOL security center and ever since our PC runs really slow, but we never thought of it being the program doing it. The other day, one of my little brothers turned off all the security stuff (firewall, spyware protection, and antivirus) and the computer was running like when it was brand new. Do all security programs slow down computers? Can i turn off the applications like my bro did while playong games online since i'm not opening any files off the internet?

thanks in advance.

Well some do slow down your computer because the use up the ram in your computer. For my computer i have avg free edition and windows defender, also spyware blaster. they all work great and dont hog all the memory in your computer. spyware blaster you only have to run once and shut it down and it blocks tons of spyware so it cant get on you computer in the first place. AVG works great and never hogs the memory of my computer. to find out more on windows defender go to the microsoft website. it is created by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom