PC Problems? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team
Default PC Problems?

I just started having some issues with the last computer I built, it has been great except the IEEE firewire ports never want to see my equipment (Canon XH-A1's) and I have tried both cameras, and several cords, even installed a new PCI firewire card to try and fix it, still nothing.

Now I am getting painfully slow restarts, I am talking minutes to get to the log on screen, and then again minutes to get logged in.

The PC was built in Feb of 08 with the following.

GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3P LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s Hard Drive (for Win XP Pro)

I have a feeling the problem is the MOBO, how hard will it be to replace just that.

I have seperate HD's for Adobe and Programs along with seperate hard drives for storage.

This is the first pc I built out of 5 that has ever given me any problems.

Any suggestions.

Oh yea, Norton is no where on my system, only AVG, Max REG cleaner.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Space Ninja Pirate
Default Re: PC Problems?

When was the last time you tried reinstalling your OS?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n
Default Re: PC Problems?

Have you tried running any stability/hardware diagnostic software to see if it is a H/W problem?

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Closed Thread