PC for my mum

Status
Not open for further replies.
To other countries the UK is the most ripped off in the world. In the UK we get paid more than in the US. In the UK the minimum wage is $10.90 per hour and in the US it is $5.85 per hour (correct me if I'm wrong for the US, it could differ between states?).

There are alot of things in this country which are overpriced. Computer parts are pretty well priced IMO, as long as you get them off the internet and not from pc world (circuit city).

Most of us don't have friends in the states who enjoy shipping computer parts across the Atlantic to us, so we just buy what we can and frankly don't notice. It comes back to the old analogy of the grass is greener on the other side, but who cares if you can't see the other side.

To other countries the UK is the most ripped off in the world. In the UK we get paid more than in the US. In the UK the minimum wage is $10.90 per hour and in the US it is $5.85 per hour (correct me if I'm wrong for the US, it could differ between states?).

There are alot of things in this country which are overpriced. Computer parts are pretty well priced IMO, as long as you get them off the internet and not from pc world (circuit city).

Most of us don't have friends in the states who enjoy shipping computer parts across the Atlantic to us, so we just buy what we can and frankly don't notice. It comes back to the old analogy of the grass is greener on the other side, but who cares if you can't see the other side.

Well said!

nice one, thanks vernong and jorsoft, im considering and athlon 3800 x2 and anoth GB of ram

The US minimum wage has been raised to $7.25. Its a "gradual increase" so it will take ~a year to reach that, but the law's already been passed.

And it does vary from state to state. And while the minimum wage used to be $5.85 even a high school kid could get a job paying over $9-$12 if he looked around enough.

so this flame war is gonna stop now?
Yes, it is.

Nice build there, Nick. The 6100 is actually a good integrated graphics chipset. A friend at work games on his.

There are a few on here who will act as middlemen for those across the pond, but I advise to be careful who you ask. If they have not been around for long, steer clear. i don't have much time to fool with it, and my wife flips out because I would be handling other people's money and goods (she's afraid I'll end up being sued).

Can you sure someone you voluntarily gave money to and told to buy stuff with? There is no contract or sales agreement or anything.

what do you mean if they took your money and spent it on something else?

Yeah, or just kept the parts. You gave them the money, and they took advantage of their trust. Only *******s would do it, but there are *******s out there. I just don't think there are laws against it.

but you wouldn't give $100 to someone you didnt know and expect them to buy parts for you, ten they go and take your money and you try and sue them when you just gave them $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom