Pc Fan Experts I Need Your Help :) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Pc Fan Experts I Need Your Help :)

Well I have a Zalman Fatal1ty VGA Cooler and it uses a connection to my power supply for quiet mode or performance mode. Quiet mode doesnt cool enough and performance mode is irrititatingly loud. Theres no middle option.

My question is this; Is there a converter that will let me connect this fan to my x800xl's fan outlet so I can let the fan be controlled by the temp of the card rather than just a plug into the power supply?

Old 01-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

That would be cool but I have absolutley no idea....but that is a very good idea and If Antec and OCZ and even Zalman arent making stuff like that I dont see why they shouldnt.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

http://www.bestbyteinc.com/FSC-ZAL-FM2.html
Old 01-27-2006, 02:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Cooling Fan

>Well I have a Zalman Fatal1ty VGA Cooler and it uses a >connection to my power supply for quiet mode or performance >mode. Quiet mode doesnt cool enough and performance mode >is irrititatingly loud. Theres no middle option.

>My question is this; Is there a converter that will let me connect >this fan to my x800xl's fan outlet so I can let the fan be >controlled by the temp of the card rather than just a plug into >the power supply?

It can be done. I am not sure if there is such a cable but you could in turn make up a cable to do just what you are wanting.

First concern is the power of the fan. Is there a wattage rating on the Fatality fan? What was the old fans wattage. Reason I ask is I don't want you to put a higher wattage fan onto the fan outlet unless the outlet can handle it.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea im not sure of the wattage. I might try that fan mate 2 although ive heard it wont let you power up the fan all the way. Reviews at newegg showed me alot of people were unhappy with the control you actually get out of it. Oh well.
Closed Thread