pc case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
i have a proprietary case from gateway. i believe its a midtower. my son has been playing alot of warcraft with the pc. have an antec 480watt psu, geforce 6600gt graphics card, plenty of memory, pent 4 2.6ghz, good mobo and all that. problem is everything is really crammed into the case and sometimes he plays for hours on the weekends and i believe its overheating and after awhile freezes up. i have a couple of extra fans , one is a slot fan but the case isn't really designed for adequate ventilation for longterm gaming. are there midtower cases designed with more space or are all of them tight? should i go to a full size case? i just don't know that much about cases but i know i need more room for better air ventilation. any case suggestions would be appreciated. lioke to stay under 75.00.

all of mid tower cases are pretty crammed unless u sort the wires real good, I would go full if you want better ventilation.

A midi tower is perfectly fine for ventilation providing its setup right.
But thats getting ahead of ourselves a bit, first thing it to acertain what is overheating.
Run everest home edition to look at the the CPU and case temps, run prime 95 for a while and see what the max load temp is. Also what core is that P4?

I'm guessing the CPU is overheating so some AS5 and possibly and aftermarket cooler is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom