PC case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley Williams

Solid State Member
Hi guys and girls

i have what i see as a reasonablly good pc its a HP t3000uk but the only problem i have with it is the speed it runs at and how hot it gets when playing my favriot game LFS :cool: To make it possibleto play the game ive had to drag my pc out from my desk take the sid eoff and use my desktop fan to cool it now it runs perfect but its not relaly ideal so i wanted to add some proper pc fans to the case but i dont relaly have the surface area or the room to do so do i a friend duggested a new case so i was looking though some on ebuyer and i found this one EV Silver Mid Tower Gaming Case with Massive 14cm Front Fan - No PSU - Ebuyer

I was like wow thats nice but then i realised my motherboard wont fit in there due to where all the holes are on the back if you look in the gallery it shows you where all the holes are and here is a pic of where mine are.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2622/dscf2554re8.jpg

So basically i was wondering if anyone know what sort of case i would need the motherboard has no writing on it or can anyone sort of say o this case is cool and you mother board will fit etc.

was also going to upgrade other things was looking at one of these

Hiyatek 26-in-1 Card Reader With Fan Controllers and E-SATA Port, Audio in/out - 5.25" Bay - Ebuyer

A

Your motherboard will fit in that case don't worry about that. the back plate will come out of your case and into the new one, thats how any motherboard can fit into any case (Back plate wise, not size wise but your board will fit no problems). So go ahead and purchase it

you have a compaq right?

also that place with the wholes, it's just a back plate...you can re-use yours, just pops off...sometimes with more effort than less

I'm in the process of downloading a manual for this computer model (maybe) might tell me what type of mobo you have....

i'm on dialup :p

Hi guys thanks for that i was a litte unsure to start make pc from sctratch i could put it together but i would be screwed on the software side of things.:laughing:

I have a HP pavilion t3000

Really good forum ill stick around and let you know how i get on with it and im sure ill have lots more questions like um where does this wire go etc etc :p

A

Ok another question already haha

To get my cd drives out will i need to remove the other side of the case? as it is pop rivited on?

A

well some are only held by 2 screws on the side were the panel comes off
remove those and you should be able to push the cd drive forward if not is held by 4 screws and u have remove the other panel to to get to them

ah...

when I was searching, I wanted to match the "uk" part, but couldn't really find it...but I think this is your closest match

HP Pavilion t3000 Desktop PC series -  HP Pavilion t3000.de Desktop PC - Product Specifications - c00411711 - HP Business Support Center
so looks like you have a micro atx...which should be able to fit in m-atx and larger cases
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs -  Motherboard Specifications, K8S-LA (Salmon) 

my hps that I have I have had to remove both sides...but they really have no standard with their systems, lol

as for your hiyatek...should be ok as well. Just take a look at the diagram in one of the links to see what the HP takes up now...you'll have to plug in some usb/1394/sata and maybe audio

though you don't have to plug in everything and just use it for the usb and fan control if you wanted

Hi all

thanks for the help

Im affraid that isnt the same spec as my pc i have:

1gb of ram
Nvidia Geforce 6200 turbo cache graphics card
160gb hard drive
It also has silly stuff like a tv card and dial up modem that ill take out and donate it to a museum :p
Ive got a litescribe drive and a dvd rom drive

here is a a piccy

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF05a/35123-35527-39847-39847-39847-12149652.html

As for taking the drives out it has a quick release style mecanism on it so i pull the little leaver out and it slides out easy peasy

im also thinking about going for a diffrent case as i didnt like the tri colour fans on th eohter one so im just wondering will i be able to fit my random motherboard into this one New PC Gaming Case Toolless Install & 140mm Air Intake on eBay, also Cases without Power Supply, Desktop PC Cases, Desktop PC Components, Computing (end time 03-Jul-08 21:30:00 BST)

A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom